The International Day of Peace, also known as the World Peace Day, is celebrated on September 21st every year. This day is devoted to peace, or particularly to the absence of war and hostilities. It is commemorated by numerous countries, political gatherings, and military groups. The main purpose of the celebrations is to promote peace and truce in all countries across the globe. As the entire world observes this important occasion, business owners and their staff members can also be a part of the celebrations.
This remarkable occasion appeals all individuals and countries to honour a day of cease-fire and support the idea of amicable resolutions. As an employer, you can do numerous things to honor the International Day of Peace in your office. Here are some useful suggestions –
- Start the day by observing a minute of silence and lighting candles in honour of peace.
- Decorate your workplace with notices & posters that emphasise the need for peace, gender equality, environment preservation, and the implementation of principles of non-violence.
- Request your employees to take collective peace resolutions, write them down and pin them on notice boards.
- Take steps to create a peaceful and friendly work environment and assess your connections.
- Communicate with a business associate or an employee, who has rankled or vexed you. World Peace Day presents you with the best opportunity to make amends with him or her.
- Organise a session with co-workers where you discuss different ways to encourage peace with the office premises. Everyone can share their personal experiences and thoughts about “peace” in the session.
- Music and dance are the most effective tools to bring people together. Across the globe, individuals assemble in large numbers to go to shows and peaceful social events. You can also make arrangements for such as an event in your office. A small musical concert is the best way to celebrate peace.
- You can also enlist the services of a top
These aforementioned tips will enable you to spread the message of love and unity in your office. Let us all be united in this struggle for global peace.